App providing offline street maps throughout the world
View all types of maps with MAPS.ME Lite.
This app is a helpful tool when it comes to viewing directions on how to get to a location or if you simply want to see the general area of where a city, state or country is located. There are different views of maps available, such as street views and aerial shots that give a simple general image. You can search for locations from a list of countries that are already programmed as well as the top cities in the world. You can also add a list of locations. Your current location is set as a default so that you can view streets easily to help you with where you're going.
One of the benefits of using MAPS.ME Lite is that you don't need to have an internet connection. However, in order to view the maps without internet, you need to have the maps saved to your phone first. Larger maps feature the names of states in countries as well as major cities. You can view interstates and major roads. View detailed images of cities that give you information about restaurants, businesses and other attractions and where they are located.
- Maps of all kinds
- View street details
- Save maps to your device
- Doesn't often respond to touches
- GPS doesn't work well
Traffic Data in 36 Countries
- Up-to-date traffic info and fastest driving routes based on it!
Traffic Info in Roaming
- Requires less than 1 MB of mobile bandwidth per trip.
Order a Taxi
-Most of the location pages now contain a button for ordering a taxi.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.